Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Is National Humor Month :)


Last week, I had the pleasure of attending the Public Library Association's annual convention in Portland, Oregon. There were so many librarians in town, I'm sure they must have thought it was an invasion! There were so many great programs and discussions, on everything from Chick Lit to Science Fiction and Fantasy to Non-Fiction; it was very difficult to decide which ones to go to, but I really enjoyed the sessions I did get to attend. And if that wasn't enough, there were vendors giving away free books. I just barely made the weight limit for checked luggage on the way back!

One of the programs I was called "The Top 5 of the Top 5" and featured some entertaining humorous book suggestions (among others!). If you're in the mood for something funny, here are some of the titles I put on my must read list:


 

     

1 comment:

  1. I read "How I Became a Famous Novelist" by Stephen Hely twice! It's funny and easy to read.

    "Practical Demonkeeping" by Christopher Moore is on my top 5 list of humorous books.

    Ginny

    ReplyDelete