Wednesday, April 22, 2009

To Err is Human, to Forgive Canine


"We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment."
~George Eliot

A few weeks ago, I adopted a beagle. Hurrah! Although she was very shy of me at first, she now greets me with great enthusiasm, for I am the Keeper of the Treats! I'm very willing to hand over some Alpo snaps for some of that doggy affection.

With that in mind, I've chosen Susan Conant as my author pick this week. Conant writes a series of Dog Lover's mysteries, featuring writer and dog trainer Holly Winter. The first book in the series is A New Leash on Death, in which Holly adopts an Alaskan Malamute named Rowdy and becomes an amateur detective after Rowdy's owner winds up dead at an obedience class. There are currently 18 books in the series, but you will not be seriously lost if you don't read them in order.

And if you're a cat person, Conant now has a Cat Lover's series, beginning with Scratch the Surface. Meow!

No comments:

Post a Comment