Friday, January 28, 2011

Well, I can finally add myself to the long list of folks who have read and enjoyed Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love. This is just one of many reasons that I love having a book discussion group. As the moderator, I read every book through to the end, but sometimes it's less interesting than others. This was a great book to settle down on the couch with, have a cup of coffee and get the dog to snuggle at my feet.

After a devastating split from her husband, Elizabeth Gilbert decided to spend a year traveling to the 3 I's - Italy, India, and Indonesia - with plans to write a book about her experiences. Italy is devoted to the pleasure of  leisurely exploration and food indulgences. An ashram in India provides time for the spirit, inward thought, and discovery of herself and her place in the world. In Indonesia, Liz spends time with the medicine man who had told her she would come back and visit with him one day, and finds love. Eat, Pray, Love is an engaging look at Gilbert's experiences from that year, thought provoking, and filled with humor. I'm still waiting to see the movie (yes, I too get on the list at the library).

No comments:

Post a Comment