Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My 2009 Favorites


Looking over the books I've read this past year, I decided it's been a good reading year. With about 36 hours to go until 2010, I looked over the list I keep on Goodreads and pulled out 5 to share. Although they were not necessarily published this past year, I greatly enjoyed reading them in 2009. Alphabetically by author they are:

Home: A Memoir of My Early Years by Julie Andrews - Chronicles the years 1935-1960 in Andrews' life and rising career, including My Fair Lady and Camelot on Broadway.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - A dynamic story of life on near future earth, where teens must compete on a televised game where they are both hunter and prey.

Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier - "Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again." A new bride is haunted by the dark shadow of the first Mrs. de Winter.

Beautiful Boy: A Father's Journey Through His Son's Addiction by David Sheff - Sheff recounts how he and his family struggled with his son Nic's methamphetamine addiction (also read Tweak by Nic Sheff).

The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger - For anyone who's ever had the boss who demands the impossible. And expects you to make it happen anyway.

Happy New year everyone! I'll see you in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment