Wednesday, November 25, 2009

For Tomorrow We Feast!

I'm going out to dinner on Thanksgiving. My brother is coming to visit and I told him I'd be happy to take him out for a fine turkey day meal (my cooking tends toward "quick & easy"). Thinking about what I might feast upon put me in mind of a few food books I've come across recently. Not necessarily cookbooks; rather about where food comes from, buying food locally, nutritional value in today's food, and why one cookie never seems like enough:

The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite by David A. Kessler

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver

In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan

Eat This, Not That!: The Best (& Worst) Foods in America by David Zinczenko

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think your system has it, but I recommend Margaret Visser's Much Depends Upon Dinner

    ReplyDelete